At Buffalo Tours we could spend all day discussing how Asia has the best beaches and the most beautiful temples, or the tastiest street food. After all, we have 22 years experience uncovering all this incredible region has to offer and showing the very best of it to our clients.
But rather than wax lyrical for 1,000 words, we thought we could just show you the best of the region with a facts and figures guide to the biggest and best of the region:
- Asia boasts three of the longest rivers in the world, two of which host some of the world’s most famous river cruises. Mekong River cruises that traverse multiple South East Asian destinations are our personal favourite.
- Borneo is the world’s third largest island and is as diverse as it is vast, home to unique cultures and some of the world’s most incredible wildlife.
- While you’ll find caves all across Vietnam, the ultimate experience is a caving adventure deep into the heart of Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park where the largest cave in the world is found.
- Singapore boasts the 2nd highest population density in the world which makes for a frenetic, fast-paced and fun atmosphere. It’s long history as a major port city has also created one of the most diverse mix of cultures in the world with some of Asia’s most fascinating neighbourhoods.
- Tick off two world records in one by taking the world’s fastest train to visit the world’s largest city: Shanghai!
- Shanghai recently joined Hong Kong in having the world’s cheapest Michelin Star restaurants when two of its hawker center stalls where given the privilege! In Hong Kong it’s dim sum that takes that prize.
- The magnificent complex of Angkor Wat was long ago flagged as the largest religious structure in the world but today new Sonar technology has found that it is even more extensive than was first thought, with miles of surrounding structures buried in the jungles outside of Siem Reap.
And you can find your best Asia trip by browsing our most popular destinations today.