Historic Ayutthaya Ruins and Chao Phraya River Cruise
Ayutthaya - Summer Palace - Chao Phraya River
Explore the ancient history of Ayutthaya the former capital of the Kingdom of Siam. During the peak of its realm, Ayutthaya was considered one of the finest cities in the world, with palaces filled with gold, decorative monasteries and grand ceremonies. A flotilla of traders from the Middle East, Europe and China would come to do business. After many a battle the city succumbed to Burmese invaders and was looted and razed to the ground. Today only a few ruins remain as testament to its grandiose past.
After lunch, visit the Summer Palace with its beautiful manicured grounds before boarding a boat to Bangkok. Cruise down the Chao Phraya River watching the river scenery pass you by, arriving into the city late in the afternoon.
- Exploring the ancient history of Ayutthaya, the former capital of the Kingdom of Siam
- Witnessing remnants of what was once one of the world's greatest cities
- Visiting the beautifully manicured grounds of the Summer Palace
- Cruising down the Chao Phraya River and watching the river scenery unfold in front of you
- Tours as mentioned and air-conditioned transfers
- Sightseeing and permit fees during guided times
- Meals listed in the itinerary
- Expert English-speaking local guide
- Boat cruises and rides while on tour
- Service charges and government VAT tax